Frequently Asked Questions
|Cedar Creek Community FAQs|
1. What are the weather conditions?
- Cedar Creek has a mild four (4) season climate with lots of sunshine!
- Aiken is far enough from the shoreline that we have been identified as an evacuation location and while we get a lot of rain, we are spared the direct hit of a hurricane.
2. Where can more information about Aiken, including stores, places of worship, schools, etc. be obtained?
3. How many houses are there? How much larger can the community grow?
- Currently there are more than 800 homes
- The community can grow to 1,100 homes
4. What is the price range for homes?
- Median home prices are in the $500,000 range and vary according to market conditions.
5. What are the homeowners (HOA) fees?
- $500 semiannually ($1,000 per year) for 2023.
6. What are the property taxes?
- Please check with the Aiken County Tax Assessors office
7. Is the Association run by the residents or a management company?
Cedar Creek is governed by a Board of Directors elected by the residents. There are by-laws and covenants which the Board and residents must follow.
There is no management company.
8. Is this community maintenance free or do the residents take care of their own outside maintenance?
- Residents are responsible for their own outside maintenance.
- Maintenance for the common areas is included in the Homeowner's fees.
9. Are there approved builders?
- Yes, there are selected, pre-approved builders.
10. Are there any specific building design guidelines?
- Yes - Guidelines
11. Am I able to have outdoor structures?
- Unattached buildings are not allowed.
12. Is there any on-site storage available for RVs and boats?
- Yes, on a limited basis.
13. Are there any restrictions such as how long people can visit?
14. Is it a gated community?
15. Are there any pet restrictions?
- There is a limit of three (3) pets per household.
- There are standard leash laws that apply. Page 47 of the covenants, #10.18 states "Pets shall be under leash at all times when walked or exercised."
16. What clubs/activities are available in Cedar Creek?
- Clubs including Book Club, card groups (Canasta, Bridge, Hands and Feet, Triple Play, etc.), Cedar Creek Ladies Club, Garden Club, Lunch Bunch, Mah Jong, Quilting, Scrabble, Sequence, Stitch and Mingle, and Woodworking.
- Activities such as Aerobics, Men's golf and Ladies Golf, Pickleball, Tennis, and Yoga.
17. What are the amenities?
18. Are the residents able to reserve the community center for private events?
- For a nominal fee, any resident can reserve the Community Center for a private event.
19. Are there walking trails? If yes, how many miles.
- There are approximately 8 miles of trails throughout the community.
20. Are there any fees to use the pool, tennis, etc.?
- No, the cost to use the facilities and amenities of Cedar Creek is included in your HOA fee.
21. Do residents have to belong to the golf club?
- No. The Cedar Creek Golf Club is an 18-hole privately owned course, therefore, there is no membership required by residents of Cedar Creek unless you choose to join.
- Single and/or Family memberships can be purchased directly from the Golf Club. The Golf Club facilities includes a Grille Room and a Bar which is open to the public.
22. How far away is a hospital?
- According to Google maps:
- Aiken Regional Hospital is approximately 30 minutes (17 miles) away.
- There are several Health Care providers and Emergency Centers in the Aiken Area including the Aiken VA Outpatient Clinic.
- Augusta also has many major hospitals and health care providers including Piedmont Augusta, Augusta University Medical Center, Doctor's Hospital, Fort Gordon's Eisenhower Army Medical Center.
23. Where are the nearest Airports?
- Augusta Regional Airport (Bush Field), currently serviced by Delta and American Airlines, is approximately 30 minutes away.
- There is also access to several major airports including Atlanta Hartfield Airport, Columbia Metropolitan and Charlotte Douglas International Airport.
24. Are there Adult/Continuing Education Opportunities?
- The University of South Carolina Aiken is once again ranked as the #1 Regional Public College in the South by U.S. News and World Report. www.usca.edu
- Center for Lifelong Learning http://www.aikenlearning.org/
25. Further Questions about the community?
Contact us: email@example.com
803-226-0273 X 4
Helpful Information Regarding Community and Area Services
Important Phone Numbers
- Property Owners’ Association of Cedar Creek (POACC)
- Office: 803-226-0273
- Cedar Creek Golf Club: 803-648-4206
- The Pub at Cedar Creek 803-648-6200
Safety or Emergency
- Fire, Ambulance, Police: 911
- New Ellenton Police: 803-652-7770
- Aiken County Sheriff (non-emergency): 803-642-1761
- Aiken Animal Control: 803-642-1537
- Aiken Regional Medical Center: 803-641-5000